Skip to main content

conf report: Test Automation Bazaar

I went to the Test Automation Bazaar because one of the (many) things I want to do at Wikimedia Foundation is to start a browser test automation project, open to the greater software testing community, in support of Wikipedia and related projects.  I have been out of the loop on this front (forgive the mixed metaphor) for some time, and I particularly wanted to learn about two things:

* what an attractive, modern, well-designed browser test automation framework looks like
* page objects and their use

I got what I came for.  Particular thanks to  Brahma Ghosh and Jeff Morgan/Cheezy for the great discussion.  I am putting on the white belt for this project, but at the same time, I have years of valuable UI test design experience to bring to bear.

But beyond that, TAB was full of friends, many of whom I had never met. 

Kudos to Bret Pettichord for making it happen, I wish we'd had more time to chat, I've known Bret longer than anyone else there, through some weird times back in the day. Tiffany Fodor, whom I met once about three years ago, Rick Hower likewise.  Ċ½eljko Filipin, Alister Scott, Marek Jastrzebski, whom I've known for years and never met in person.  And the amazing Jari Bakken, who I met for the first time in San Francisco a few weeks ago.  Charley Baker was sorely missed by many.

The kindness and generosity of people in the Ruby community is just remarkable.

And there was ukulele playing.  It was my fault.